MEDICAID qualification and application and Medicaid planning strategies.
Quick facts about Medicaid
- Medicaid is a federal and state program that pays for long term care for those individuals that qualify.
- There is a wrong assumption that Medicare covers long term care. Medicare does not cover costs of basic daily life expenses such as bathing, eating, dressing, walking… Medicaid does.
- The average cost for the Nursing Home in Sarasota County is $7,000.00 per month. These costs are rising annually.
- If eligible, Medicaid pays the difference between the Applicant’s gross income and his or her care costs.
- Law provides many Medicaid asset protection planning tools to help you dispose of your assets so that you can still use them for the rest of your life and still qualify for Medicaid.
- Medicaid planning is technical and often complex. No two cases are alike.
What do we do?
- Analyze your current assets, estate planning documents and medical expenses
- Give you detailed explanation of available options for your (or your beloved one’s) Medicaid qualification
- Provide you guidance for implementation of selected Medicaid asset protection plan. We do not sell any commercial products. We are independent legal advisors looking after your best interest.
- Complete Medicaid application on your behalf.